Youth Mentoring inspires leadership, life and social skills, and personal and professional development. Our volunteer mentors, professional case managers, and youth leaders facilitate and nurture the potential of young people in Ventura County.
Youth who are matched with an individual mentor or who participate in one of BBSVC’s Youth Leadership Councils…
- Become role models to others
- Set and achieve goals, both long-term and short-term
- Create a peer-to-peer support system
- Transform themselves and the world around them
- Discover their passions and interests
- Build community awareness on topics that are important to them
- Improve their mental health and are better equipped to handle stress, trauma, and crisis (individual or collective)
BBSVC serves children and teens who want and need a mentor in their lives, matching Littles from 8 years of age to volunteer Bigs in a one-to-one, life-changing friendship. Bigs and Littles hang out 2-3 times a month for a few hours doing normal, everyday activities, like going to see a movie, playing games, going out to eat, or just hanging out!
Each match is supported by a dedicated Match Support Specialist who is always there to provide resources and support specific to the Little’s age. With a Big in their life, children and teens in the BBSVC program are empowered to ignite their potential as they grow in their self-esteem, earn better grades, and develop a lifelong friendship with their Big.